Saturday, April 19, 2008

TVs Be Gone Part I

... Remember when moms had to yell at their kids to quit playing outside and come in the house? I don't, but I saw that shit a lot on TV...


PhotobucketPhotobucket

(Nice Gap cord jumper faggot... =)


Have you all heard about Wolfram Hahn? In 2006 he photographed a handful of children between the ages of 3 and 12 for an exhibit called, A disenchanted Playroom. The children, seen above, carry sad/despondent expressions. In the words of the artist,


“
... with facial expressions rather to be associated with adults, unusual for children this age.”


The children were photographed watching TV.


“
As such they seem lifeless like dolls, or bodies bereft of their spirits.”


I grew up watching TV, and a lot of it. That's pretty common these days. But do we know what it's doing/what it's done?


If these kids faces are any measure, it might be time to toss the tube.



Written by Conrad

No comments: